Disney has been unveiling the new land to the media starting today and the embargo for them to start publishing photos, videos and articles just lifted at 6 PM Pacific.
We’ll continue sharing links to our favorite articles and videos below, and then try to have our memories wiped before we punch it to hyperspace for our own visit 8 AM on opening day this Friday 5/31.
UPDATE: Most of these reporters had just a few hours in the land earlier today, so we’ll be seeing more details and analysis tonight and tomorrow after they’ve had a chance to breathe and process. We may also need to lay down and take some deep breaths after seeing what lies below.
We’re going to avoid reposting photos here, we’ll be shooting our own reconnaissance images and video as well as some of our favorite
SPOILER ALERT: It kind of goes without saying, but there are lots of spoilers in all of the articles and videos below, depending on how sensitive you are to them. There will be pictures, video and descriptions of pretty much everything and every experience in the land (yes, even the lightsaber building), so if you’re wanting to stay fresh and unspoiled, “move along, move along.” We have already seen too much and may need to go have our memories wiped, but in the meantime just so incredibly excited!
- Slashfilm – Disneyland’s ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ is Incredible – and the Closest We’ll Come to Being in ‘Star Wars’ – Peter Sciretta
- New York Times – Welcome to Galaxy’s Edge – Brooks Barnes
- TechCrunch – I flew the Millennium Falcon and it was good – Matthew Panzarino
- Travel and
Lesiure– Disneyland’s Star Wars Land Officially Opens This Week — Here’s Everything You Need to Know – Carlye Wisel
- Bloomberg -Go Ahead, Take Our Money: All the Star Wars Merch in Disney’s New Land – Carlye Wisel
- Bloomberg – Star Wars Land Debuts as Disneyland Braces for Record Crowds – Christopher Palmeri
- The Force Is Strong at Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge: Photos – Christopher Palmeri, Photos by Patrick T. Fallon
- Time Out LA – Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has a boozy bar. Here’s a peek inside Oga’s Cantina. by Stephanie Breijo
- Condé Nast Traveler – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Will Please Even The Most Hardcore Fans – Valerie Marino
- Disney Tourist Blog – Photos & First Impressions of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Tom Bricker
- Investor’s Business Daily – Will Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Be Crowded? Not If Disney Can Help It – Matt Krantz
- Theme Park Insider – Ride Review: Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run by Robert Niles